Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

SEPHORA VIB sale 2013

SEPHORA VIB sale 2013

I am so EXCITED for this year's VIB sale from Sephora. VIB members get 20% off their entire purchase. CAN'T BEAT THAT!!! :) This is always a dangerous time for me because I go CRAZY and can justify every purchase... which is bad for the wallet :( One year, I spent almost $800 in one day!!! Oh man, makeup and shoes are my weak spots.

I thought it might be a good idea to blog about what's on my list to buy at Sephora for this year's sale...

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in color Perversion
I'm planning on stocking up and buying 2 of this pencil. I love this eye liner pencil and color so much because it glides on so easily, doesn't smear, and doesn't fade. I'm normally a gel liner and liquid liner girl because pencils just doesn't give me the look of a gel or liquid liner gives me that I like.. until... I found this pencil in Perversion. OMG!!! Perversion is their blackest black and it looks as intense as gel or liquid liners but much easier and faster to apply. They have two types of black color (Perversion and Zero). Zero is a nice color if you like pencil black look. This pencil is also a really good pencil for your waterline as well (if you like that look). Like any pencil, however, it's hard to create a very thin sharp wing-look at the end of your eyes because the tip just isn't pointy enough. This is when I grab my liquid liner and create a wing at the end (but I only do this when I go out somewhere nice).
PROS: Doesn't fade, intense color, glides on easily, waterproof, smear/smudge proof, lots of color options.
CONS: You have to sharpen often so therefore the pencil doesn't last as long

MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Liner in color black #13
I've never been a strong pen liner fan BUT I'm slowly coming around to it. I love how easy it is to apply. Pen liners seem to dry out faster than other liquid liners I have tried, which is unfortunate because that is my ONLY reason for not being their 100% fan. When the tip drys out a little, I'm confused as to what to do at that point. Shake it? Put the cap back on? I've tried them all! Putting it back in the tube or cap and shaking it refills the tip a little but not much. It's usually the next day that the pen is moist in color again.... am I the only one having this problem??... I wouldn't be surprised. :) Anyhow, after saying all that,... I'm planning on buying this MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Liner pen in black because I've used it before and love the staying powder. I use this to create my eye liner wings-look.
PROS: Easy to apply, waterproof and amazing staying power, small size so it's easy to throw in your purse.
CONS: Runs out faster than I prefer (but it IS a small tube), a little pricy ($23) for a small amount of liner.

Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel
This is my 3rd re-purchase of this Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing gel. This cleanser makes my skin feel very clean and it disolves makeup well. But the main reason why I like this cleanser is because of these two ingredients: glycolic acid and salicylic acid. These ingredients lightly exfoliates your skin giving it a nice new-skin glow. I normally wash my face with this once a day (no more). I usually use it at night and use a more gentle cleanser in the morning. I read that it's not recommended for sensitive skin so if you have sensitive skin, this may not be for you... unless maybe you can use it once a day like I am. Although it's pricy, the product last a long time because a small amount goes a long way.

PROS: Has glycolic acid and salicylic acid along with other great ingredients that is great for wrinkles and maintains a nice skin. Clean finish, and product last a long time.
CONS: pricy

Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Night
I've never tried this particular product before but have tried a lot of the Peter Thomas Roth brand and I think this brand has a high-quality skincare line. I wanted a creme that has retinol and peptide because these ingredients does wonders for wrinkles and skin turnover. As much as I'm into makeup, I'm even MORE into skincare products. :) I'll give you a review on this one once I give it fair try. My only CON without using it yet is the price so far ($110).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! :)